Since Skyros is so isolated it’s often difficult to find key supplies and delivery costs can be astronomical. For that reason, we encourage anyone coming to visit the island with an interest in our project to bring whatever supplies they can find second-hand or wish to purchase and donate to our cause. If you aren’t coming to visit, we’d also be appreciative of anything you can post to the address on the Contact Us page.
Below is a list of some of the items we need most:
- Hand rakes
- Brooms, forks
- Feed buckets
- Head collars (pony’s size preferably)
- Lead ropes
- Grooming kit
- Riding hats
- Wellington boots
- Worming paste
- Tetanus injections
- Homeopathic remedies
And anything else you want to get rid of and think we might find useful!
On a bigger scale than the everyday job, we always have a number of big projects that need to be done, and for which you could help, by participating or by sending us the funds to make it happen.
Here are a few examples:
- Making sure every field has a shelter
- Building a new roof for the stables
- Improving the fencing of some of our fields
- Obtaining a trolley to make the mucking out and feeding jobs easier
- Raising the money necessary to finalise the charity procedure
If you would be able to help us with any of the above, supplies or projects, please get in touch – email@example.com.